CREST PhD Summer School 2017
SAVE THE DATE: The CREST Summer School will take place in London on 4 – 5 September 2017
The CREST SUMMER SCHOOL is a great opportunity for PhD researchers to:
- Focus on your own professional development as a researcher in the collegial company of your peers from across a wide range of Universities and specialist Colleges
- Meet and engage with experts representing some of the UK’s most renowned national research resources
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with peers from across multiple disciplines
- Get an insight into some key areas of research, development and impact and their policy context to equip you on your researcher career journey
- Leave with a spring in your step and the motivation to explore specific areas of development in more detail with research supervisors and colleagues, through CREST and through engagement with partners operating in the broader knowledge economy
Find out how inspiring last year’s participants found the Summer School by reading the CREST Blog
The Summer School takes place over two days in London.
Participants will take part in workshops and discussion sessions with a range of speakers and organisations, including the Wellcome Trust, the British Library, Nesta, publishers Taylor & Francis / Routledge and the UK Parliament.
The event also includes a dinner on the first night and offers space for informal networking on the second day. Previous attendees have greatly valued the time to get to know one another.
The full Programme is being developed at present and will be made available as soon as possible.
Follow #CRESTPhD17 for the latest updates about the Summer School on Twitter
Participants from CREST members:
To register for the CREST Summer School contact the research lead (e.g. Director of Research, PVC Research) at your institution – places are limited. You can find contact details for your research lead on our members pages.
Participants from non-CREST members:
For the first time this year, we are delighted to offer a limited number of places to participants from non-CREST member institutions.
There will be a £100 charge to attend (including lunch and dinner on day 1 but excluding accommodation).
Please contact Sue Moore, email@example.com, to find out how to book.