Symposium – Limber: Spatial Painting Practices
The exhibition ‘Limber: Spatial Painting Practices‘, currently on at the Herbert Read Gallery, UCA Canterbury, presents a group of international artists who explore and expand painting through a constructed 3D materiality.
This dynamic new work engages not only with the history of painting but with the increasing dominance of virtual structures and the growing influence of architecture, fashion and design.
A one-day symposium on October 5 at UCA Canterbury, 11 – 4pm, will elaborate on these ideas. CREST members are welcome to attend.
Speakers will include
- Professor Michael Archer, Goldsmiths University of London
- Dr Stephen Wilson, Chelsea College of Art and Design
- Professor Maxence Alcalde, École Supérieure d’Art et Design Le Havre
- Cherry Smyth, writer and curator
- Dr Dominic Rahtz, University for the Creative Arts
- Audrey Reynolds, Artist
- Joan Key, Artist
Limber is part of the ICR (Interregional Culture-led Regeneration) Project and co-financed by the European Union INTERREG IVA Channel programme and UCA Research.
For more details visit the Limber website