The Benefits of Brussels: Opportunities and Challenges for European HE
Building on the success of last year’s conference on “European university cooperation in the era of globalisation” the UK Higher Education Unit is once again partnering with DAAD and Institut Français to bring you this conference focusing on the opportunities and challenges that the European Union provides for Higher Education.
The conference will bring Brussels to you, giving you an opportunity to hear about the latest policy and programme developments and to discuss what these mean for your institution. It will also provide advice and best practice through discussion groups and opportunities to network with peers from France and Germany and the UK.
This conference will provide:
- An opportunity to meet with the key people from Brussels, Germany and France in London.
- An update on what’s happening in Brussels and discuss what this means for your institution.
- The latest German perspective on Europe through our partners the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and a French perspective through our partners the Institut Francais.
- A programme designed to give pragmatic advice, best practice and networking opportunities through peer discussion groups.
- A chance to find out more about successful university-business collaborations.
Professor Colin Riordan, Vice-Chancellor, Cardiff University and Chair of UK HE International Unit
Vivienne Stern, Director of the UK HE International Unit
Dr Alexandros Papaderos, Deputy Head, Office for Research and Innovation, Head of Patents & Licenses, Technische Universität München (TUM)
Bernd Waechter, Director, Academic Cooperation Association
Christina Miller, Director, UK Research Office
Dr Anja Hallacker, Chief Executive, Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School for Literary Studies, Free University Berlin
Dr Stephan Buse, Chief Engineer, Institute for Technology and Innovation Management, Technical University Hamburg-Harburg