Glyndŵr University is based in Wrexham, North Wales. Glyndŵr University’s ancestry dates back to 1887 when the Wrexham School of Science and Art was established, in response to local demands and to create a highly skilled workforce for the growing industrial backbone of North East Wales. The result was that Glyndŵr’s founding college had a strong industrial character. That character has remained as one of the defining features of the University, and the University is proud of the contribution its research activity makes to real regional and national economic and social development.
Glyndŵr also has high quality facilities for land-based learning at its campus in Northop, Flintshire, while elsewhere in the county the Advanced Composite Training and Development Centre at Airbus is the result of a groundbreaking partnership between Glyndŵr University, Airbus, Deeside College and the Welsh Government. At St Asaph the university has OpTIC Glyndŵr, a leading centre for research and development in cutting-edge opto-electronics and ultra-high-precision optics technology.
From creating high precision timing systems for sub-atomic particle accelerators to tackling cyber-bullying and from developing the potential of biorefineries to improving lifestyle for health, the university’s research continues to demonstrate impact and significance both nationally and internationally.
The University’s expertise and research spans a wide range of disciplines organised within two University Institutes:
- Arts, Science and Technology
Subject areas include: Biology and Environment, Business and Management, Chemistry, Computing, Creative Industries and Engineering and Applied Physics
- Health, Medical Sciences and Society
Subject areas include: Applied Social Sciences, Education, Early Childhood and Family Studies, Health Sciences and Psychology.
Glyndŵr University Research Centres
- Creative and Applied Research for the Digital Society
- University Research Centre for Management
- University Research Centre for Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Centre for Solar Energy Research
- Centre for Water Soluble Polymers
- Glyn O. Phillips Hydrocolloids Research Centre
- National Facility for Ultra Precision Surfaces
- Advanced Composite Training and Development Centre
- University Research Centre for Health, Wellbeing and Society
- University Research Centre for Psychology
Research Lead: Stewart Milne
Please address enquiries about postgraduate research studies at Glyndŵr to: mphil-phdadmissions@glyndwr.