British Library PhD Placements 2016/17
Deadline: 19 February 2016, 4pm
CREST is pleased to help promote the Open Call for the British Library’s PhD Placement Scheme for 2016. Full details of the scheme can be found on the British Library website
17 placement opportunities are available at the Library under this call, based in areas such as Research Engagement, Corporate Affairs and Digital Scholarship, as well as across the Library’s specialist curatorial teams.
The projects will appeal to researchers working across a wide range of disciplines/subject areas. All placement projects have appropriate training, supervision, and support, as well as significant ownership responsibilities and opportunities for professional and personal development. The full list of projects is listed on the British Library website.
- The scheme is open to all doctoral researchers; all applications must be supported by the applicant’s PhD supervisor and their department’s Graduate Tutor (or equivalent)
- International students are eligible if they have the right to study in the UK.
- The minimum duration of the placements is 3 months (or PT equivalent).
Process and timeframe
- Complete an application form – visit the British Library website to download one
- Interviews will be held in March-April 2016.
- It is anticipated that the placements will be held during the 12 month period from June 2016-May 2017 – with exact start dates to be agreed with the successful candidate once appointed.
The British Library provide all supervisory and developmental support during the placement, unfortunately no financial support is available from the Library itself. Institutions are encouraged to support applicants to enable participation.
To apply, submit an application to the Library by 19th February 2016. Full application guidelines are available on the British Library website – a flyer is also available to download: BL-PhD-Placements (1)