Call for papers: Ageing, Physical Activity, Recreation and Well-being Multidisciplinary Conference
Date: Thursday 11 June 2015
Host: Buckinghamshire New University and ‘Movers & Shakers’
Venue: Gateway Building, Buckinghamshire New University, High Wycombe, HP11 2JZ
The conference is a one day event which aims to bring together practitioners, students and researchers interested in community-based health/recreation programmes for older adults.
In every continent people are living longer lives, by 2050, older people are predicted to make up 22% of the world population with an increase in each major sector of the globe (United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, 2007).
The UK is no exception to the longevity of ageing in communities. This percentage is expected to rise to 40% by 2026. Policy-makers, the public and many older people do not always fully appreciate either the importance of physical activity and recreation in elders’ lives or the options available to deal with the process of ageing and well-being.
Current research highlights the significance of maintaining and developing active lifestyles to avoid medical conditions and provide for health and well-being as one age. This conference aims to highlight community programmes developed within so called ‘hard to reach’ elders.
Further information can be found on the conference website
Who is the conference for?
- Practitioners involved in intervention programmes for seniors,
- academics and researchers involved in physical activity, recreation, nutrition, stress management, and social support systems,
- community service policy-makers, providers and users, and public health officials.
- Full title of paper
- Abstract main body, including background (outline of the policy context and/or academic literature informing the research), approach (indication of the broad theoretical orientation and/or methodological approach) and significance (description and application of the original research findings reported in the paper)
- Author biography: 100-150 words indicating position, field of study, main research interests and key publications where appropriate; and full professional contact details.
The conference presentations will be 20 minutes including questions.
1 March 2015 Extended to 1 April 2015
Authors will be notified of acceptance of their paper for presentation by 30 April 2015.
Download the conference flyer for further details: Ageing well conference flyer-web-site 2015 v4